A saint asked his disciples, 'Why do we shout in anger? Why do people shout at each other when they are upset?'
Disciples thought for a while, one of them said, 'Because we lose our calm, we shout for that.'
'But, why to shout when the other person is just next to you?' asked the saint. 'Isn't it possible to speak to him or her with a soft voice? Why do you shout at a person when you're angry?'
Disciples gave some other answers but none satisfied the saint.
Finally he explained, 'When two people are angry at each other, their hearts distance a lot. To cover that distance they must shout to be able to hear each other. The angrier they are, the stronger they will have to shout to hear each other through that great distance.'
Then the saint asked, 'What happens when two people fall in love? They don't shout at each other but talk softly, why? Because their hearts are very close. The distance between them is very small...'
The saint continued, 'When they love each other even more, what happens? They do not speak, only whisper and they get even closer to each other in their love. Finally they even need not whisper, they only look at each other and that's all. That is how close two people are when they love each other.'
MORAL: When you argue do not let your hearts get distant, do not say words that distance each other more, else there will come a day when the distance is so great that you will not find the path to return.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Sunday, June 21, 2009
health. It’s one of the easiest and most accessible forms of exercise we can do. Most people already walk around all day, so why not us? You can easily burn fat and can get rid of that excessive unwanted calories.
Here are top health benefits of walking:
Here are top health benefits of walking:
- Walking is an excellent way to manage your weight. There are many negatives with a lot of different exercises, but walking doesn’t have any. In fact, you can walk as much as you want, have time for and are able to. It’s a relatively easy exercise that you can do almost anywhere (even back and forth in your hallway at home) that’s good for your whole body, not just one part. In addition to a 30-60 minute walking on a daily basis, you are also walking throughout the day, which means you’re working out constantly.
Using a pedometer can be beneficial because we now know that we should be walking a minimum of 10,000 steps a day in order for walking to be beneficial to us. Putting your pedometer on in the morning as soon as you get up will let you know how many steps you’re taking. You can make it into sort of a game and try to beat your previous walking record(s).
- Walking can help to prevent from diabetes and heart disease. Keeping your weight within healthy limits can help lower your risk for diabetes and heart disease. Walking can also help to control your blood pressure and can be even more effective than some medications (with no side effects).
People who walk regularly also are at lower risk for heart attack. In fact, they are 30 to 40 % less likely to have a heart attack than someone who does not walk regularly for exercise!
- Going for a walk helps to lower bad cholesterol levels. We hear a lot of hype about bad cholesterol, but we also need good cholesterol. Regular walking helps to reduce bad cholesterol while giving us more of the good stuff we need.
- Regular walking can be helpful in the reduction of risk for stroke. Another health benefit of regular walking is the reduction of risk for stroke. Specialists believe that a 30-60 minute walking at least five or six days a week can cut our risk of stroke by 50 percent.
- Regular walking can minimize the risk for breast cancer. In addition to walking cutting the risk of diabetes down, it also can reduce the risk of breast cancer. Walking, paired with a low-fat diet is the way to go if you’re trying to lose weight and stay healthy!
- Going for a walk on a daily basis make bones stronger. It also makes our bones stronger, gives us more energy and makes us feel good and sleep better. All-in-all, walking is hands down the best exercise there is. Almost everyone can do it and it is so good for us, you’d be crazy not to!
- Daily walking is the best natural source of oxygen. Every cell and tissues of our organism needs the necessary amount of oxygen in order to promote all our body organs to normally function. Fresh air is all-important for everyone, from babies to adults. Especially go for a walk with all your family just after the rain when air is rich in ozone that is very beneficial for total health, including activity of the brain. Let your baby breath in as much oxygen as he can.
- Walking is the best work-out for lazy people. Really, many lazy people choose this kind of sports as the main part of their weight loss program. Daily walking really works for everyone, even for the laziest people. The popular health expert Paul Bragg who died at the age of 95 because of surfing accident, recommended walking to everyone who wanted to live healthy and long life.
"This story was forwarded to me by one of my friends tagged as "Happy Father's Day" here it is for you too have hands on fruits of it."The Japanese have always loved fresh fish. But the waters close to Japan have not held many fish for decades.
So to feed the Japanese population, fishing boats got bigger and went farther than ever. The farther the fishermen went, the longer it took to bring in the fish. If the return trip took more than a few days, the fish were not fresh. The Japanese did not like the taste.
To solve this problem, fishing companies installed freezers on their boats. They would catch the fish and freeze them at sea. Freezers allowed the boats to go farther and stay longer. However, the Japanese could taste the difference between fresh and frozen and they did not like frozen fish.
The frozen fish brought a lower price. So fishing companies installed fish tanks. They would catch the fish and stuff them in the tanks. After a little thrashing around, the fish stopped moving. They were tired and dull, but alive. Unfortunately, the Japanese could still taste the difference. Because the fish did not move for days, they
lost their fresh-fish taste.
The Japanese preferred the lively taste of fresh fish, not sluggish fish. So how did Japanese fishing companies solve this problem? How do they get fresh-tasting fish to Japan? If you were consulting the fish
industry, what would you recommend?
How Japanese Fish Stay Fresh:
To keep the fish tasting fresh, the Japanese fishing companies still put the fish in the tanks. But now they add a small shark to each tank. The shark eats a few fish, but most of the fish arrive in a very
lively state. The fish are challenged.
Have you realized that some of us are also living in a pond but most of the time tired & dull, so we need a Shark in our life to keep us awake and moving?
Basically in our lives Sharks are new challenges to keep us active and taste better..... The more intelligent, persistent and competent you are, the more you enjoy a challenge.
If your challenges are the correct size, and if you are steadily conquering those challenges, you are Conqueror.. You think of your challenges and get energized. You are excited to try new solutions.
You have fun. You are alive!
Recommendations for us:
1. Instead of avoiding challenges, jump into them. Beat the heck out of them. Enjoy the game. If your challenges are too large or too numerous, do not give up. Failing makes you tired. Instead, reorganize. Find more determination, more knowledge, more help.
2. God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears and light for the way.
3. Disappointments are like road bumps, they slow you down a bit but you enjoy the smooth road after wards. Don't stay on the bumps too long. Move on!
4. When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy, because God has thought of something better to give you. When something happens to you, good or bad, consider what it
means. There's a purpose to life's events, to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard.
5. No one can go back and make a brand new start. But anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
What are you thinking now? Just go ahead and post your comments right now...
Friday, June 12, 2009
The boss drives his man.
The leader inspires them.
The boss depends on authority.
The leader depends on goodwill.
The boss evokes fear.
The leader radiates love.
The boss says 'I'.
The leader says 'WE'.
The boss shows who is wrong.
The leader shows what is wrong.
The boss knows how it is done
The leader knows how to do it.
The boss demands respect.
The leader commands respect.
So who you are a leader or a boss?
Monday, June 8, 2009
There are gifts of many treasures,
For both the young and old,
From the tiniest little trinkets
To great boxes filled with gold.
But put them all together,
And, they could not stand in lieu,
Of the greatest gift of all,
The gift of knowing You.
When your times are filled with troubles,
Sadness, grief or even doubt,
When all those things you planned on
Just aren't turning out.
Just turn and look behind you
From the place at which you stand,
And look for me through shadows,
And reach out for my hand.
I will lift from you your burden,
And cry for your tears,
Bear the pain of all your sorrows
Though it may be for a thousand years.
For in the end I would be happy
To have helped you start anew,
It's a small price to pay
For the gift of knowing You.
This poem was mailed to me by my daughter and fortunately its my 100th post on this blog.