Maintaining a high level of life force energy, prana, is a pre-requisite for holistic health, achieved through practice of various techniques that can generate balance between body and mind, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, Quantum Touch, or Reiki, to name just a few. All of them employ one or the other form of meditation as an important component for treatment at the physical, mental, and emotional levels.
The two-in-one Reiki meditation technique
deftly combines the healing powers of both meditation and Reiki. The benefits accruing from them increase manifold as a consequence of synergy generated by blending them together. What keeps Reiki meditation apart from other meditation forms is its unique ability to strengthen the innate healing capability of the practitioner.
Mikao Usui revived the ancient art of tapping into the universal life force energy for healing known as Reiki. He was once asked by a pupil," I have practised meditation for a number of years, why do I need to learn Reiki to help me learn to meditate?" Meditation is an integral part of Reiki. In his Reiki practice and teachings, Usui practised meditation as an important constituent. In fact, he often used Gassho (hands held in prayer position) meditation as a means to pass the ability to channel Reiki to the practitioner. Also, Osho Rajneesh who developed Osho Neo Reiki twenty years ago included powerful meditations for a faster healing.
After Mikao Usui, a number of forms of Reiki Meditations have found their way in Japan and other countries.
One of the simplest but effective RM involves the following steps:
1. Sit quietly with closed eyes in a Sukh Asana or upright in a chair, with both hands held in front of your chest in prayer `Gassho position and the soles of the feet joined together.
2. Connect to Reiki by simple intent or by drawing distant healing symbol
3. Draw the power symbol with your hand in front of you and say it three times. Visualise white light emanating from your fingers.
4. Visualize the symbol in the third eye chakra and meditate on it.
5. Now allow the symbol to float up as a brilliant light above your crown. Return your awareness to the third eye chakra.
6. When finished, relax and release your all thoughts. You feel fully energised with the healing energy
For those who do not possess the ability to channel Reiki, the Gassho meditation can be performed in this way:
1. Hold your hands a little above the chest in prayer position in such a way that that your exhaled breath can be felt at a point where the top of the middle fingers representing fire element meet the hands joined together.
2. Now focus your attention at that point and try to release stray thoughts by focussing at the point repeatedly. Do not try to chase stray thoughts. Return your focus to the point by pressing the two middle fingers against each other.
Practise RM for twenty minutes a day or as long as you feel comfortable. Reiki Meditation deftly combines the usual healing effects of simple meditation techniques with Reiki and works in more ways than one.
by V N Mittal, a Reiki Sensei based in Dehradun (India).
Contact him via email: email@example.com source: here