Saturday, December 10, 2011

Indian Mother

Mrs. Iyer comes to visit her son Kannan for dinner. Kannan lives with a female roommate, Lalita.

During the course of the meal, Mama can't help but notice how pretty Kannan’s room mate was. She had long been suspicious of the relationship between the two, and this made her more curious.

Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Kannan and his roommate than meets the eye.

Reading his Mom''s thoughts, Kannan volunteered, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you, Mama, Lalita and I are just roommates."

About a week later, Lalita comes to Kannan saying, "Ever since your mother came to dinner, I''ve been unable to find the silver sugar bowl. You don''t suppose she took it, do you?"

Well, I doubt it, but I'll e-mail her, just to be sure." So he sends his Mom an email:

"Dear Momma, I''m not saying that you took the sugar bowl from my house, and I''m not saying that you didn''t take it. But the fact remains that it has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.

Love,

Kannan"

Several days later, Kannan receives an email response from his Momma.

"Kannan Beta, I'm not saying that you ''do'' sleep with Lalita, and I'm not saying that you ''do not'' sleep with her. But the fact remains that if she was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the sugar bowl by now.
Love, Momma"

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment