Interestingly, most of us believe we have good manners already. However in reality, the more we hurry and the more we are stressed, the more manners are likely to slip. If we are honest, will admit to properly express gratitude for something when frazzled by life, or feeling a huge temptation to push in front of somebody doddery when rushing to catch train.
We should remember our own rules of manners, however rushed and fraught we feel. We should always make the effort to show these good manners.
- Queuing without jostling
- Complementing people when we need to
- Not sticking our nose in where it is not wanted
- Keeping a promise
- Not shouting at people who get in our way
- Apologizing when we get in someone else's
- Being courteous & charming
- Opening the door ahead of people
- Being Civil
- Answering when spoken to
- Being hospitable